September 11, 2012

Spicy Tuna Pasta

I've always loved pasta. I think I mentioned that in one of my posts and I will say it again and again. I love pasta. It has been my favorite food since I first ate it, and cooking with it is always a great joy. My experiments with it started with the basic tomato sauce and hotdog (a childhood birthday party staple) then it graduated to the more gourmet types such as pure tomato sauce, combination of fresh and dried herbs, tuna, anchovies, olive oil, aubergine, squash, and almost about anything I can think of. I have a slight aversion to meat so I try to come up with healthier recipes for pasta.


For this recipe, I used a more common ingredient which is tuna and I picked the hot and spicy kind. Cooking this is so simple and basic but the flavors lend a complex taste.

1 small can hot and spicy tuna
80g pasta
250g sweet style sauce
half of onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, pressed and minced

Cook pasta according to directions. Saute garlic and onion in tuna oil in a pan. When translucent, add a dash of black pepper to activate the spiciness of the oil. Pour in the contents of the tuna can, cook for 3 minutes. Add a dash of dried basil and oregano leaves. Mix and cook for another minute. Pour sauce and simmer for another 3 minutes. When the pasta is cooked, mix it in the pan and cook for another minute. Serves 1. 

Optional: Serve with toasted garlic butter bread. 

*you might be asking for a picture and I am ashamed to admit that I forgot to take one. LOL Next time, I'll remember to do so. But if ever you do follow this recipe, feel free to take a pic and send me a copy. ;-)

No comments: